Saturday, December 31, 2016

All My Cherubs


This picture was taken two years ago. I was blessed to have these beauties with me at all at the same time. Such family events are rare, aren't they?

Most families share loved ones at holidays, birthdays or family reunions. Married children go to the in-laws, or young children visit the divorced parent. Perhaps family members live far away and can't make it home for an event. Or how about his? One family participant has a beef against another and refuses to join the group.

Yes, when all can come, it's a happy time...unless it's a funeral, and then the gathering is a sad one. The departed never knows the family is around. Why wait for that occasion? Get together as often as possible while everyone lives and it's a happy time. Put away anger and resentment for a few hours and act considerate. Some might call that a sacrifice, considering  a hurt a one feels that has been caused by another, but it brings no future regrets.  You won't be thinking, "I wish I had done that or been there." I hope in the year to come, your family and friends find a way to be together all at the same time. Take a lot of pictures. Those times are rare.

Hubby and I spent Christmas alone a week ago. Family was elsewhere, and we'll be alone for New Year's Eve and Day. That's not such a bad thing. We enjoy each other's company. At least most of the time. 

As 2017 approaches, most people make goals to do better or make something happen. I'm learning to take one day at a time and be thankful for the blessings I have. I'll plan some good times for the year to come, and treasure the rare times...like the day the photo was taken above. 

May you each have a healthy and prosperous 2017 with moments to treasure.


No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas