Friday, January 20, 2017

Inauguration Day


Two televisions with different stations were blazing at my house. Did I have work to do? Of course, but today was historical, so I watched one president say goodbye and another one say hello.

We are fortunate in this country to have a peaceful transfer of power, and there's protocol and a bit of pomp and ceremony to go with it.

I love seeing what the women wear, don't you?

Michele Obama and Melania Trump both chose well. I can hardly wait to see the ballgowns tonight.

I remember past suits and gowns from previous inaugurations. Jackie Kennedy Onassis, Nancy Reagan, and Laura Bush personified my image of how a First Lady should look, and they were my favorites in fashion.  Michele Obama worse several gorgeous gowns too. I fully expect Mrs. Trump to do the same. 

Wouldn't it be fun to turn back history and see the selections of the early wives?  I'm sure they were elaborate.



The choices we have today look more comfortable.

What about personality?  Which First Lady did you relate to better than the others? I suppose I'd have to say Barbara Bush for me. I love her sense of humor.

On this fateful day, I prayed our nation would embrace the change, remove bitterness, and God would come into our midst.


No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas