Friday, January 13, 2017

Diets. Do You Hate Them?



There's one low calorie item on this plate. Asparagus. That's it. I like asparagus but I don't care for diets. Steak and baked potato on the plate make a yummy choice. Heavy in calories too.



I've promised myself a loss of fifteen pounds. That may not sound like much to some, but a pound here and one there adds up.

If you stay married for fifty years and gain one pound a year, think about the difference that makes in health and looks.

I'm tall and weighed 107 pounds when I married. I was on the skinny side, but I thought I was fat. How nutty was that?  Why do women have such false ideas about image? Do men do that to us? Other women? Parents? Hollywood?

I'm not going to tell you how much I weigh now, but suffice it to say it isn't 107. I'm happy I haven't gained a pound for each year of marriage. Not yet anyway.

Sarah, the dyslexic angel I write about, is helping a human lose weight. I thought if I researched the subject and wrote about it, it would motivate and help me. Sarah and the Magical Makeover will be available soon.

It hasn't.

I'm trying again. Can any of you identify with me? I have family members who can't. They are self-disciplined and say, "just do it." Yeah, right. I need accountability.


I walked two miles early this morning. That's a beginning. My neighborhood is an excellent place for walking, biking, or jogging. I chose to walk. Will I make myself do it tomorrow? I hope so.

I also have a membership at the Y. One day I walked on a treadmill for thirty minutes beside a guy who ran for an hour. I asked him how he could run for that long. He said when he started out, he walked slowly and built up to a run. He'd lost 55 pounds in a matter of months.

Impressive.

A lot of ads are on TV these days to help us lose. Marie Osmond tells about Nutrisystem, and Oprah loves Weight Watchers. There's enough gadgets and equipment advertised to bankrupt the average person. All of them promote weight loss. It's a big business.  Big, get it? All these diets and gadgets tell us we're big and need to be smaller.

Sigh.

Stay tuned. I'll let you know if I succeed for fail with today's calories and tomorrow's walk. Join me and let's motivate each other.

If you haven't read the Sarah Series, you'll find the Sarah books online and in bookstores. Here's the Amazon link.  I think you'll like her. For an angel, she's kinda human.













No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas