Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Hope for the Day


I cut my walk short this morning because the rain came.

Thoughts of other events in my life came to mind as I ended the walk. Stuff that is gone. Jobs I've had, relationships, dreams...sometimes others were responsible for the conclusion, sometimes me, and often God brought the losses.

Giving up something that has been a major part of my life is a challenge. Hubby has less problem with it, and sometimes that makes me want to scream. I don't, of course. He is naturally an optimistic person. I wish I were too, but then God made me as I am for reasons. I know He expects me to change what I can and leave the rest to Him. My problem? I want to change His mind about His plans and His objectives. Hahahaha. Laughable, right?

Hubby has had sorrow and changes in circumstances. He remains hopeful and confident that God works all things out. He requests guidance, makes decisions, and goes forward without questions or drama.

Me? Well, that's a different story. I labor at being optimistic and hopeful, but it's difficult. I'm one of the Drama Queens.

Can you identify with me?

Right now I'm hoping. Hoping we find answers to church problems. Hoping my books will sell. Hoping I can finish the two I've started. Hoping our daughter who has dementia will not grow worse. Hoping for a place of service and additional income. Hoping for health. And the list goes on.

Here's a few quotes. When I feel lost, I look for others to inspire me. These come from this link.  https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/change


“Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn't stop for anybody.” 



“Nothing is so painful to the human mind as a great and sudden change.” 



“To say goodbye is to die a little.” 



“Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” 
― Lao Tzu


Good quotes, right?  They prove to me others have felt the need for optimism. 

I took this picture on another early morning walk. Hope is the light not the shadows.


Here's another good quote.
"Keep your eyes on the sun and you will not see the shadows." 
 Australian Aborigine Saying  
 http://www.wiseoldsayings.com/hope-quotes/
  
   What I'm experiencing, I'll have hope for the day. May you do the same.



No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas