Friday, September 5, 2014

Gay's Days September 5, 2014

Good morning friends,

Did you sleep well? At 2:30 this morning, I was wide awake. While I sat and read, I hoped sleep would come, and I finally went to bed--still very alert. Somewhere along the way, I dozed but got up when hubby left at 6:00 AM. Don't you know I'm going to be groggy today? Any of you have sleep problems?

Several of the women in the neighborhood do, and we often say we should text each other to see whose awake. We could meet for a ladies night and gab away the long hours until dawn.

The tile men worked hard yesterday and finally left last night around 10:00. They'd promised to finish, and they did. With installers working, I found it difficult to relax. I felt sorry for the guys...it's difficult to get into our gated community. When they arrived yesterday, the guard wouldn't allow them entrance.  They had no Texas ID...they were from Michigan and had to wait for a Texas supervisor to show up and drive them into the area. I offered to go get them and bring them in, but the rules wouldn't allow it. They didn't start their work until noon, and that put them into the night to finish.

I promised a picture of the new floor.  Here you go. It's a white, simple porcelain tile, laid in a brick pattern.  As you can see, we prefer navy and white. Wallpaper is no longer in vogue, but we still enjoy ours. When I helped clients with their homes, I always reminded them that their style and color choices made them unique. They didn't have to clone an interior unless they wanted to.



I've got errands to run, and then tonight, we are dining with friends. If possible, I'd like a nap somewhere along the way.

Ya'll have a good one. I'll catch you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas