Friday, September 19, 2014

Gay's Days, September 19, 2014

Do you know how to flirt?

I asked a friend of mine the other day if she knew how.  She grinned and replied, "Why sure. Some things you never forget."

Like riding a bicycle? I'm positive I can still do that. And roller skate. Yep, no doubt there. And touch my toes. Easy. But flirt?

But then, I'm not certain I ever knew the technique in the first place.

What is a flirt? A certain slant of the eyes? In romance novels, the heroine often looks up through her lashes at a man. Have you ever tried that? How is such a maneuver possible unless you squint at the dude? In my opinion, wrinkled, askew eyes don't appear sexy.

On the other hand, maybe the fictional character bats her lashes at the man of her dreams. To my way of thinking that makes a woman look as though she has something in her eye besides Contac lens, but in a romance novel, this seems to turn the guy on.

How about tossing the mane back and giving the guy a wide eyed expression. Does that work for you?  I see gals do that and think they appear equestrian. I expect them to paw the ground with a foot and prance as the next item on the agenda. 

Writing a romance scene is one of my challenges. I don't do bedroom scenes. Horrors! My husband's congregation would ask him to vacate the church and take his wife with him if I did. Coming up with flirtatious moments requires a great deal of thought.

How do you flirt?  I welcome suggestions. They might end up in one of my Sarah books.





No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas