Thursday, September 18, 2014

Gay's Days September 18, 2014



Rain!

I love the drops that fragrance the earth. Reading and relaxing on rainy days is a godsend.  Traveling about is difficult and sometimes dangerous, but the water grows the planet's food and brings beauty...a positive side to everything. Arizona experiences flooding these days due to a hurricane, but after the water recedes, the state will benefit from the supply.

I captured this picture from my front door yesterday during a heavy thunderstorm. The rain came down fast enough to cover the street. More showers are expected today and I will be out driving in them later. We celebrate a daughter's birthday this weekend and family will be here for dinner on Saturday. Errands include picking up the present I ordered. I may stop at the grocery store, but then I may not. I'm decisive today, aren't I?

My menu is simple: roast, potatoes, carrots, salad, and a side dish. Pot roast is one of those simple meats I can do. I sometimes wish I were a gourmet cook, but one must like the kitchen to enjoy that undertaking.

 I'll spend an hour or two on my work in progress, Sarah and the Midnight Cruise to Catalina Island.

What are your plans for the day? Don't forget to smile and make the day brighter for those around you!

God bless and keep you safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas