Saturday, February 25, 2017

He Got My Goat


Anyone ever get your goat?

Funny expression, isn't it?

To make someone annoyed or angry: 

“Gavin may seem unflappable, but know 
a way to get his goat.” This expression comes from a tradition in horseracing. Thought to have a calming effect on high-strung thoroughbreds, agoat was placed in the horse's stall on the night before the 
race.Unscrupulous opponents would then steal the goat in an effort to upset thehorse and cause it to lose the race."

Quote From the
 http://www.dictionary.com/browse/get-someone-s-goat

So anyone angry today? Gay raises her hand. Well, frustrated is more like it. Frustrated over events and people I can't control and don't know what to do about.

Sigh.

Wouldn't it be easy if like was filled with sweet, docile sheep like the one above and not silly goats? I can't imagine a goat calming a racehorse. Goats butt their heads against things and cause anger.

My goat has gone missing today. 

If you find him, please let me know. I'll go get him and bring him home. I'll lend him to someone with horses.


No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas