Friday, February 24, 2017

God Can Touch You


"You don't believe in God doesn't mean He doesn't believe in you." Jody Picoult from the novel, The StoryTeller

I enjoy Jodi Picoult's books. Most of them anyway. The Storyteller was one I liked and didn't like, but I'll never forget it.

In the novel from Picoult, we learn the tragic story of a Jewish family and two German officers who tortured them.

This quote stayed in my mind, and I wanted to share it with you. "You don't believe in God doesn't mean He doesn't believe in you." 

That remark hit home. Long before we recognize God, He already knows who we are. Have you read Psalm 139? No?  It's a great read. Try it. Even if we never want a relationship with Him, he knows us and desires us to love Him as He does us.

Hard to accept, isn't it? I mean after all, He's God and we're...well, we're not. We're mere humans who mess up big time. Why would a perfect God want a relationship with a mess like us?

Pure love.  That's the simple answer.

And it's one I'm grateful for.


No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas