Monday, January 18, 2016

Gay's Days. WWII Veteran


January 18, 2016

Hello again my friends,

The day will be beautiful in Weston Lakes. We started out with a cold 37 degrees but we’ll be in the 60’s by afternoon. I stepped outside to take a picture of a tree in our yard we are trying to save. Part of it needs to be cut down, and whoa! It’s an expensive project.

I hope all of you went to church yesterday...gave this sweet man a hug. He's one of our favorite parishioners, Mr. Thomas Moore.

 Mr. Moore is  a WW11 veteran who survived a German prison camp. He’d been shot three times. I’ve begged him from time to time to let me interview him, but he won’t talk much about those days. Every now and then, he’ll mention a detail, but not often. He turned 94 on January 1, 2016 and still drives to church every Sunday.

I’m not writing much today—errands and then to the gym. Oh joy!

Ya’ll have a good one, stay healthy, and I’ll talk to you again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas