Thursday, January 14, 2016

Gay's Days. Cloudy today


Good morning friends,

The temperature is a mild 54 and the high should be 64. We expect cloudy conditions and rain this afternoon. If I don’t walk in the neighborhood, I’ll stop at the gym and use the dreaded treadmill. I wish I could make myself like it.
 
 
Yesterday was a diamond of a day. One that sparkled. Today will be a gray one, but hey...we appreciate God's variety, right?

I’m looking forward to a massage this morning, and it would be better if I exercise prior to having it. If I do the treadmill thing, then have the massage, I could come home and relax…maybe spend a few hour reading. A massage is a healthy treat. Ridding the body of stress helps lower the blood pressure. I have a generous daughter who gives me this monthly luxury. Nice, huh?

My therapist is knowledgeable with magic in her hands. Sometimes we crack each other as we catch up with life. Laughter is good medicine too, and a whole lot more fun than the treadmill.

In my book, Sarah and the Midnight Cruise to Catalina Island, Sarah receives a massage for the first time. I had Cindy, my therapist, read the chapter to make sure I had written correct terms. The fictional therapist tells Sarah she has “restrictions” in and around her shoulders. She then tries to massage them out. Of course the therapist can’t remove them—they are Sarah’s hidden wings.

By the way, if you live in Katy, TX, Cindy Byrd at the Highland Salon, is a fantastic massage therapist. http://highlandsalonandspa.com/
 
Sarah has hilarious adventures in the book,Sarah and the Midnight Cruise to Catalina Island, and I had fun writing it. Some of the circumstances were based on a cruise I took  to Catalina Island years ago. Carolyn, the heroine in the book, had recently lost her dad. Mine had died three weeks prior to the trip and hubby couldn't go with me. The airline lost Carolyn's luggage. Guess what? They did mine as well. We authors often include personal stuff into our fictional stories.
 
If you haven't read the book yet, please do. I've been told by readers that they giggle and laugh their way through it. Sarah is a hoot.
 
25732349
 
 
 
How many of you prefer a book to reading on a Kindle, Nook or other device? I read books both ways, but I confess to enjoying a print book. There's something special about holding a book in my hands.

Until tomorrow, ya’ll have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas