Thursday, March 5, 2015

Gay's Days Book Club!

Les Coalson speaks to Weston Lakes Book Club
 

 
Les Coalson, one of my neighbors, spoke at our book club and gave an amazing presentation. I was happy I left Sarah aside and attended. The latest Sarah book was due at the publisher, but Les is a friend and a very good writer, so I made it a priority to go.

Besides that, I like these ladies who attend. They are a hoot. I don't know how many are on the membership rolls, but we usually have about forty each month.  Les introduced us to his latest book.

RANSOMED EARTH
 
Ransomed Earth: An Eco-Thriller
 
 
Verify price before purchase.
 
This book thrills and informs the reader at the same time. We read about the unfairness of American politicians to bow to the pressures of special interests and big business... all at the expense of the environment.

Before devoting his life to writing mysteries, Coalson worked in environment issues. A native Texan, he earned a master's degree in natural resources development from Texas A&M and later an MBS from UT in San Antonio.
 
Les and Me
 
 

 
We had a marvelous discussion about environment.
 



One of the fun things about our club is the good food. Our hostess worked her magic this day. I had the meeting once at my house, but food presentation is not my specialty. These ladies put me to shame.  I wish you could be with us at our meetings. Fun!
 


When I returned home, I winged the book,  Sarah and the Midnight Cruise to Catalina Island off to the publisher, and she is now ready to go to the editors. I think you'll like this book. I'm eager for you to have it, and then tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas