Friday, January 23, 2015

Gay's Days, January 23, 2015


I've run across liars in my time. Maybe even offered one or two when I was a kid, but I never expected a person at Amazon to lie to me.

But a male agent did.

If you've ever tried to reach Amazon for any reason, you know it is a hassle. I found the phone number and called Amazon Audible. Sarah and the Internet Dating Service is now available on Audible, and I wanted to purchase it. Christy Williamson reads my books, and she does an amazing job. Even though I wrote it, I enjoy listening to Sarah's antics.

I digress.

Back to Amazon Audible. The man I spoke to attempted to help me with my questions about price. Since I'd already purchased the Kindle as well as the print version for myself from Amazon, I thought there might be a discount. When I purchased Sarah: A Mission of Love, I found that to be the case.

The guy couldn't find any of my books. He finally found Mission of Love and kept referring to it.

I ultimately told the man that he and I weren't jiving and I needed to speak to someone else. We understood each other's words, but we didn't comprehend what was said. We couldn't get on the same page.

The dude put me on hold and left me. I suppose he thought I'd hang up. He came back and began again. I said, "Aren't you the same man I was speaking to?"

He said he was not, that he was the supervisor and gave me a new name.  He tagged himself Ace this time.  Right. LOL. He should have called himself the Joker.

With the same voice, same words, he went round and round with me in the identical manner as before. He was hooked on Sarah: A Mission of Love. I love that book too, but I was calling about Sarah and the Internet Dating Service.

After chasing each other around the forest for a long time, I at long last drew it out of him.

I'm sure the man thought I wouldn't pursue the poor customer service I'd received from him.

He doesn't know Gay N. Lewis.

After much research on the Internet, I found an email address for Amazon's Customer Service. Here's the email I sent.

01/22/15 00:15:17
Your name: Gay N. Lewis
Other info: Poor service. Amazon employee lied to me.
Comments: I inquired about Audible. The person couldn't help me. I asked for a new person. I was put on hold for a long time. I suppose he thought I'd hang up. He came back on the phone and told me he was a supervisor. It was the same guy. I don't like being lied to. I expect better from Amazon. Supposedly the phone call was recorded. The second time the guy came on, he gave his name as Ace.  I spoke to him today.  Look it up.  He's a liar and doesn't know how to adequately communicate about your products.  He's a big mistake. I'm very unhappy with my whole experience.
---------------

   
Here's Amazon's response. I was surprised. It came immediately. I have a feeling it is a canned response from someone in a foreign country. Look closely at the wording, and no mention is made of the actual incident., but I hope they will look this guy up and coach him.


 
Hello,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused due to unprofessional behavior of my colleague.

We never want our customers to be treat like this. At amazon our only motive is customer satisfaction.

As a representative of amazon I really apologize on behalf of whole amazon and my colleague as well and assure you that same won't happen.

Further to stop such issues in future I've raised coaching request for the agent and asked our team to take necessary action.

Truth is the first thing that we need to communicate with the customer.

So, I request you to consider this issue as an isolated one as it'll not happen in future for sure.

I hope you give us another chance to serve you better.

We look forward to see you again soon.

Warmest regards,
Johny G

http://www.amazon.com/Sarah-Internet-Dating-Service/dp/B00S8J8H7S/ref=sr_1_1_twi_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1422021014&sr=8-1&keywords=sarah+and+the+internet+dating+service



 




















 



 



 




















No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas