Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Will I or Won't I Decorate?


By this time every year, I have my house decorated for the fall season. 




Trick or treaters at Halloween often comment on my hall tree.

Alas. Oh Woe. I'm not going to put up Thanksgiving decor this year.  Sad, right? Well, to me, it is. I love my favorite holiday, Thanksgiving. 

We've been too busy to decorate. We're moving our daughter from Austin to Columbus, Texas and getting her house ready to sell. The painter is coming Saturday, and we still have stuff to move.

These are sad days for my family, but we continue to express gratitude for the blessings we have. Now to be honest, we're looking under rocks to find those blessings, but they are there.

I'm sure many of you have been in this spot. We love our families and we are prone to grief when illness and death comes. Depression can be a close companion. And sadness honors no holidays.


My scarecrows will appear next year.  They'll remain in the attic for now.




No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas