Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Odd and Ends



I'm featured on Fay Lamb's Newsletter today. I hope you'll stop by and read what I had to say.



I've also written an article for The Texas Hill Country. You'll find it here. Columbus, Texas is an old, small, Texas county seat town. I visit that city often.  It's a good place to take a vacation or a day trip.



Our daughter is quite ill and we found a lovely assisted living place for her in Columbus. We moved her there this past Monday. This sweet city is about 45 minutes from us. We'll be able to oversee  her easier now. Austin was 2.5 hours away. 



We spent this past Monday and Tuesday settling our daughter into the new place. She was upset and cried. She'd received a great shock.  I understand how she feels. I also was astounded at the treatment she received this past Friday. We had to jump through hoops to move her out of her own house. It's one thing when a sick person doesn't receive good care from a provider, but the emotional hurt from a best friend's betrayal is far worse. I think she'll get good care now. 

After leaving Columbus late yesterday afternoon, we went to a neighbor's house to watch the Astro game. Unfortunately, the Houston Astros lost to the Los Angeles Dodgers.  I'm hoping Houston wins tonight. It's  the final game of the World Series. 

Our neighborhood hostess who'd invited us over loves Halloween, and last night was Trick or Treat time. Her house was decorated with black cats. Stuffed, artificial cats were everywhere! She doesn't have real ones. 

The wonderful thing about her cat figurines is that they don't poop all over the house. I wouldn't allow an animal to do that, but I know someone who did. I saw it recently.  Is that normal? I know dogs can be trained to go outside. Do most cat owners allow cats to poop wherever they please?  I see litter boxes advertised, but I've never owned a cat, so I don't know what's normal. I think going inside on a whim from an animal is nasty and unhealthy, but that's just me. 

I'm sorry I haven't been writing more uplifting blogs these days, and we all need heartwarming and inspirational tidbits. I needed to vent my frustration on my last couple of blogs, and I thank you for listening. 

We're all going through something in our everyday lives. In my book, Mattie's Choice, kind Mattie lived with her share of heartache but came thorough with flying colors. She'll be my inspiration for today!

 Stay tuned. I promise to bring more humor and inspiration in future blogs.  In the meantime, check out all the links I've noted on today's blog feature.

See you tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas