Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Days


The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. -Psalm 34:18  New International Version


Ever have one of these days? If so, then you understand how to appreciate the happy, sunny ones.


Friends on Facebook experience loss and grief. Illness too. Prayer requests are made, and when I see one, I ask God to place His favor on the need.

The news on TV today is filled with stories of the bombing in Manchester, England. Horror and sorrow is featured there.


People all over the world are facing a challenge. 

Dark days come to us all. We can't escape them. The attitude and response we make to them is our choice. 

courtesy of Pixabay

As I take my daughter to assisted living today, I remind myself of the past, good days, and I pray we both meet the challenges ahead. Is it easy? No. I don't kid myself. An uphill battle is constantly before us, but we aren't alone. God is with us.


courtesy of Pixabay

Dark days turn sunny, and sunny days turn dark. 
Today is dark for me.

Someone once "This too shall pass." 

It isn't Scripture, but it fits.

Enjoy the light, but when dark comes, know God is faithful. He will bring the pain and challenge to an end.

As you push ahead with your challenge, remember He is with you too. We're all in this together, helping, encouraging, cheering.

You can do it!

And we thank God He does.





No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas