Saturday, March 25, 2023

Meet in the Middle



We need a new mattress, but hubby likes the current one and doesn’t see the reason for a change.

 

For me, the thing sinks a trifle in the midsection.

 

The one we sleep on has aged, but it doesn’t matter. We soon indent each new mattress.

 

We aren't large people, but we enjoy sleeping side-by-side....in the interior of the bed. We move toward each other until we meet.

 

One recent night, as sleep eluded me, I thought about our midpoint location and decided the middle is good stuff.

 

Sleeping in the center and touching your loved one during the night brings a treasured closeness.  You can't stay mad at a spouse if you continue to touch him/her in the bed, and contact with your partner brings security to both of you. 


If the two of you don’t sleep on your side in a spooning position, hold hands as you sleep on your backs. Place your toes together. Touch in some way and stay joined.

 

Uh-oh!  Angry, you say? You don't want contact?

Here's my thought. Don't cling to the outer edges of a bed—that won’t solve an anger issue, but meet at the midpoint. Linking bodies together can melt a cold heart and disolve a lot of wrath.  It’s a good way to warm cold feet, too.

 

Oh sure! I know some nights are too sweltering to be close, and those darn hot flashes surprise us at odd times. Scootch away until a normal temperature returns, and then move back to your traditional spot.

 

Relationships are built on people reaching a common ground.  Compromise. Each person gives in a little to the other. The bedroom is a good place to start.

 

Not long ago, someone asked me the secret to a long-term marriage. I replied, “Meet in the middle.”  The lady raised her brows as she thought about my response.  I went on to explain how I believe sharing the middle of the bed keeps one feeling cherished.

 

And then I said, there will be disagreements over money, kids, jobs, in-laws, etc, but solutions can be found.

 

 In bed, and in life, try the middle.

Gay N. Lewis on Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas