Thursday, March 1, 2018

Joy in the Morning



No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn. - Hal Borland


No winter lasts forever.

The last two and a half years have been really rough for the Lewis household. Have they been that way for you too?

Sometimes it seems winter and darkness will never end. 

But it does. 

It may not be here on this earth, and we've had wonderful times down here, but Christians are promised a future more glorious and bright than anything we've ever experienced on earth.


2 Corinthians 4: 17-18 “For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long.  Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever.  So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen.  For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.” --New Living Translation.

Isn't that a happy, optimistic verse? The words give us hope while we strive during wintry days.

The weather here in Texas is beautiful today. Warm and sunny, but it  isn't spring. Winter lasts a few more weeks.


The official date for spring is March 21.


Will my life turn to daffodils and sunshine on that day?

No.

We have months and maybe years ahead that promise heartache, trouble, and sadness. Our daughter is ill, and we are painfully watching her deteriorate.

But during these times of stress, heartbreak, and grief, God will be faithful. Rainy days are ahead of me, but the violent storms of today make me cherish the sunny ones of tomorrow.

Beautiful sunrises don't appear every morning, but when I see one, I stop, admire, and appreciate it.

And then it disappears.

To return another day.


Remember that song, "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands?"  I remind myself that He does have my world in His Hands. Seasons come and go. Events in my life change. He remains constant.

On some future day, I'll be down and almost out. I'm gonna call up this blog and remind myself of these words I've written. We must encourage ourselves from time to time, and I hope those times are few for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas