Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Bones: You Got 'Em?



Ain't that the truth?

I love Reba McEntire's quote. 

She mentions three types of bones.

Here's our skeleton.  I see it: the backbone. 

We all have one, but we may not use it. 
When and how to stand up for ourselves in a diplomatic fashion, is the question for many of us. It certainly is for me. I often surprise myself and my listeners after I've spoken. Oh my!  Why did I make a remark. Maybe the honest, direct, approach isn't the best way to impart an idea. Too late. My backbone needs exercise. It doesn't know when to sit, stand, or speak, or shut-up.

The wishbone and the funny bone are missing in some people. 
Which one does a pessimist have?

Courtesy of Pixabay

The pessimist has a wishbone. 
He's always wishing something or someone was different. 
What about the optimist?


The optimist doesn't have a wishbone. 
He's too busy making wishes come true. 
That leaves the funny bone.

Laughter is soooo good for us. I've read it relieves tension and boosts the immune system.

I'm grateful God gave me a heightened sense of humor. My funny bone gets tickled often.

I take calcium for my backbone, read positive literature for my wishbone, and laugh at everything in between.

How about you? Can you find the humorous in life?

My Sarah books are filled with laughable moments.

Some of them came from real-life experiences.
They will make you laugh, or at least giggle.

FAITH AND HUMOR: THE SARAH SERIES




No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas