Sunday, October 22, 2017

Angels



"Now go, lead the people to the place I spoke of, and my angel will go before you....I will send an angel before you...But I will not go with you, because you are a stiff necked people...." Exodus 32:34. 33:2.

Moses was up on the mountain receiving the Ten Commandments. Meanwhile, below, Aaron was making a golden calf.

Guess what? God wasn't happy.

Moses interceded for the people, and God, because He is kind and merciful, elected to forgive the forgetful, faithless group.

The crowd chose to disobey. God chose to forgive. But God said there would be consequences.

God had been the Leader from the get-go. He'd been in the cloud by day and the fire by night. The actions of the people caused Him to change His mind about His presence. He wouldn't go with them, but He'd send His angel to go before them.

Sad, right? They missed their Divine Blessing. The Presence of God. 

God, in His mercy, gave them an alternative, an angel.

I love angels. I write about them. I'm thrilled to have them in my life.  I know they are with me. They do God's bidding, but they aren't the real deal. 

He is!

Who leads you today? God? His angel? 

I hope we all stay in His Presence, but when we fail, and we do, I'm relieved He sends His angels.



No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas