Thursday, October 16, 2014

Gay's Days, October 16, 2014



Released and ready to read
.99
 
Here's and excerpt.
 
This is a conversation taking place between Christian and Sarah.
 
 
“It is beautiful country our Creator designed just north of here. My assignment was to bring together a man and woman who had been sweethearts in high school. If they’d become husband and wife when they first considered wedded bliss, they would be celebrating fifty years together. Instead they married other people, but they never forgot their first love. After their spouses died, they looked each other up on social media.”
 
“Never heard of social media.” Sarah frowned.
 
“It’s a cyberspace tool. I helped them find each other on Facebook.”
 
“What in the world could that gizmo be? Is it some kind of doohickey where people stand at a computer and make silly faces at the screen?”
 
Christian laughed. “Not exactly. It’s a public forum where individuals post attractive personal, profile pictures and those images spin around the world on the Internet.”
 
“Oh, my stars!" Sarah cringed.  "I hope the Superiors never ask me to tangle with that thingy. No telling what kind of mess I’d make. I had enough trouble getting Karen and Jeremy together on an Internet Dating Service. Can you imagine what I’d do if I had a bunch of photos staring back at me?” Sarah squeezed one eye shut. “On the other hand, if their semblances had been on that service they used, I might not have had as much confusion.” She shuddered. “I don’t want to use computers.”
 
“But you did, and you are now more familiar with mankind’s toys. It was good for you. Facebook is an excellent place to learn new things about people. You should set up a page. Call yourself Sarah Wingspand and invite friends to like you.”
 
“My friends reside in The Heavenlies. I don’t have any down here.”
 
“Oh, you don’t need to know people. Just publish an image and request the public to friend you.”
 
“Huh? People who don’t know each other get in touch with other strangers and become buddies?”
 
“Yes. Often that is the case. They may never meet in this life, only in the one to come, but they visit over the Internet.”
 
 
“That’s the weirdest thing I’ve ever heard of. Whoever came up with that idea must be making tons money."
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas