Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Sam, Get Lost.

 

Sneaky Sam slithered up to my ear. With his smoky breath, he whispered, “You will fail today.”

I turned to him and quoted Scripture, “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.”

Sam responded through his smoky haze. “We’ll see.” Then he giggled and slowly evaporated.

When negative thoughts come your way, combat them with a positive one. Repeat the positive thought throughout the day, and just do whatever Sneaky Sam tries to prevent.


Ole Sneaky Sam had a belly laugh at me yesterday. I had a day of mistakes! One right after the other. I needed that Scripture.

Would you believe I accidentally sent $1000 via PayPal to a friend? I put an extra zero in the amount, so instead of $100, I sent $1000!!!!. Yep! Ole Sneaky Sam rolled in the floor over that one.

My understanding friend texted me at once. She knew I'd blundered.

I canceled that charge. The goof caused stress and took up extra time, and embarrassed me. I chided myself on being stupid and careless. Ole Sam was jumping up and down with glee.

I should have thought, “Yep, that’s me. I can make the silliest of mistakes, and this one is fixable.”

Sneaky Sam wouldn’t have liked that response.

Don't let Ole Sneaky Sam sneak negative thoughts into your mind today. Tell him to get lost.

 Philippians 4:13.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas