Tuesday, May 9, 2023

A New Recipe?






 I dreamed I was eating a screetch.  What is that, you ask?

It was a mashed sweet potato mixed with crushed pineapple. This mixture was encased in a flaky pastry and was tasty.

In my dream, I ask the cook what it was, and she replied, "A screetch."

I've never had that combination before, and now that I am awake, I'm not sure about it, either. I liked it in my dream.

Why did the cook title the dish screetch? 

She didn't say.

I have a theory as to why I dreamed a strange name. I'm trying to think of a pseudonym for me. I'm writing a new book, and I will use a different name other than my own.

I think I told you how Amazon gets my books mixed up with gay literature.  When someone typed in my name, they got the gay genre, and nothing from me. I was lost.

After all the phone calls from  my publishers and me, they still do somewhat. Currently, when you type in Gay N. Lewis in the Amazon search bar, you will see some of my books, but not all of them. Mixed in with my books is the gay genre.

I want people to find me and all my books! I'm on other booksellers, and they haven't mixed me up. But Amazon is the largest bookseller.

What should I call myself?

I know what name I won't use. "Screetch."

I'm not much of a cook, but I might try mixing sweet potato and pineapple. What kind of pastry to use?  

It kinda sounds good.

If any of my readers try this mixture, let me know.

Gay N. Lewis on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas