Thursday, September 9, 2021

The Floating Intruder

 


My daughter likes to send flowers and always has the florist attach a balloon.


The helium balloon pictured above has been floating at the ceiling in my entrance hall since my birthday last July. When I removed it from the flowers, it escaped to the ceiling. Out of the goodness of my heart, or perhaps a few of my lazy bones, I let it stay there. 

The thing waited two months and then made its way to our bedroom.  How did the intruder choose our bedroom and duck through the doorway? Spooky.

Hubby prepared for bed before I did. When the roaming balloon drifted by him on its way to my side of the bed, a surprised hubby jumped up and said, “What the heck?” It seemed to say to him, “Nanny, nanny, poo, poo. I'll just stay here with you.” He thought it might be fun to see my reaction when I encountered it, so he swatted it and the intruder sailed to my side of the bed. 

The fan blew back to him. Hubby whacked it back to my side and waited with concealed merriment to see it scare me.

When I arrived, the crazy balloon was bopping at my height— gazing at me smack-dab in the face! It seemed to have a huge grin. I think the thing wanted to sleep with me! 

Anyway, the invader met its demise. Hubby deflated the intruder.

Faith and Humor

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas