Thursday, January 14, 2021

Too Much Fat.

 


Don’t you just hate the word fat? Obesity is the word I detest even more than fat.  If I’m 10 pounds over a graph weight, then the chart says I’m obese. I’d rather be fat than obese. Thank you very much, Mr. Know-it-all Chart. I don't need for you to tell me I'm going up.

Too much fat is common, but it is dangerous and costly.  I think of it as unsightly, but health is a big issue, and getting healthy is expensive. Health, money, and sight are the reasons I want it gone.

I’m not alone. In 2017-2018, 42.4% of us are obese. In 2008, the cost for us fat people in the US was $147 billion dollars. Wow! That’s a lot. What would you do with $147 billion dollars? Mind boggling, isn’t it?

If I had that kind of money, I’d buy houses for three people I know who need one, and  I’d still have a lot of money to give away.


Okay, okay already. Back to the fat issue. Many of us know we need to lose a few. What’s that you say? Maybe we need to lose more than a few?  So true.  During the pandemic, the average weight gain for Americans was fifteen pounds. Whoa Nellie! That’s a lot in a short period of time.

So how do we do it?  Lose that extra fat?

Americans spend billions of dollars on diets, gyms, and trainers. These helps are a big benefit, but what if you can’t afford a gym or trainer? And fresh produce isn’t always easy either, Besides, aren’t chips and salsa tastier?  And how about those cheese enchiladas?

Whatever you decide to do to have a healthier body, make a commitment to persevere. And that’s my downfall. I start out good each morning, but by bedtime, I’m saying to myself, “I’ll do it tomorrow.”

I once asked a lady how she’d achieved her weight goal. She said, “One bite at a time.”  Another friend said, “I leave food on my plate.” One more offered, “I never go back for seconds.”

Let’s try their examples.  Leave a bite of each food item on the plate, If you have three items, leave three bites and never go back for seconds. Let me know if it works.

In the meantime, read how Angel Sarah helps a chubby Valerie become healthy. This book will make you laugh. You'll find this book on any online bookseller.

 Amazon

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas