Friday, January 1, 2021

Goodbye 2020 and Hello 2021

 Greetings for a Happy New Year!

Here’s some good news--2020 came to an end!  Yippee! This was a doozy of a year, right? Let’s hope 2021 brings happy events. One thing remains constant in tough times. God loves us and has plans for us. We must trust Him even when we don’t understand what He’s doing. He allowed a lot of weirdness this past year, but He let us see the Bethlehem Star.  The planets came together in a dazzling display—an event that hasn’t happened in 800 years. God has a way of reminding us of His greatness and reassuring us of His presence. Perhaps in eternity, we’ll look back and say, “Oh! Now I understand.” And then again, why will we care about such things in glorious eternity?

My 2021 calendar is filling fast. It seems no matter the years, the activities go on.

What will you make plans for this year? Is your calendar filling also?

Travel?  Let's hope adventure in new places becomes a possibility for all of us.  I'm sure it will, now that we have a vaccine.

Church?  Let's all resolve to make worship a priority. After so many churches and synagogues closings, it will be a joy for community worship once more.

Health?  Are you going to exercise more and eat less?  That's a good idea for me. My mind is willing, but my body protests. Be sure to go in for those check ups, and take the vitamins.

Hugs?  YES!  By all means, we need more human touch. This isolation we've been through is devastating.

Laugh?  Oh my, please chuckle everyday. I understand laughter is good for the brain. My brain can use some help, so I plan to laugh as much as possible. Let's kick up our heels and hoot and holler.

Read more?  I certainly recommend reading. My books especially. Oh! And don't forget the Bible.😀

Less TV?  I've already cut back on television. All that news is depressing. Who needs that? Catch it once a day and forget it.

Less Social Media?  I've already cut back on that, too. I need positive thoughts and announcements. Too often, I see sad or irritating stuff as I scroll down to get to good stuff.

Organize?  Well, now, I can use more shape to my clutter. I doubt it happens, but I could use it.

Procrastinate?  My worst habit is putting off everything. I doubt seriously at this stage of life that I change. I can't seem to cease postponing things, but I'm used to what I am. 😏

What's on your list? I'd love to hear from you.  I'm wishing all of humanity a better year than the one we had last year!


Faith and Humor


No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas