Tuesday, January 28, 2020

The Hill




I climbed a large, rugged hill a few days ago. It was difficult, but the respite and view from the top was worth my effort. Getting down was also a challenge. The mound was slippery and full of hidden holes. I had to watch every step.



Once down, I realized I had another hill to climb before I reached my destination. This one was a bit easier, but the rocks made the ascent dangerous.

The hike reminded me of our days here on earth. Life gives us hills and valleys, but the journey is worth the struggle and the energy it takes to make it.

We learn to get up as we fall down, and we become more careful as we age. Experiences teach us this, but the reward we receive from our exertion makes it all worthwhile. 




And when all is said and done, we're glad we took the journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas