Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Think Christmas


Ho-Ho-Ho!

Yeah, right. 

I hear you saying, "nooooooooooooooo!"

But Christmas will arrive faster than a Texas thunderstorm.



I put my tree in place last year, and that was all. The attic is full of  decorations, and this year, I'm planning to get them all down.

My family was snowed under last year. Not really, not literally, although we did have a bit of snow down here in Houston. No, I meant we were submerged in challenges and difficult days. Surviving was the main thing.

Our neighborhood goes all out with outside decorations. I plan to invite the residents in the assisted living facility where our daughter lives to our home for cookies and chocolate.  The residents will love the lights and over-the-top scenes.  

The director promised the residents last year they would tour their area in their new bus to see Christmas decorations, but she failed to take them. I'm hoping she'll bring them here this Christmas. Several were disappointed to tears. Our daughter was one of them. We brought her here, but she wanted to share with her friends.


One of our neighbors

The residents love outings. When it's time to go to Walmart, they hop on the bus like fleas to a dog   They need more activities and field trips. An insignificant thing to us is a mountain of pleasure to them.

So.......here at the end of August, I'm thinking about Christmas and how to provide for these sweet people. Will they be allowed to come? Is the liability too great? Will the 45 minute trip be too hard on them? Can they stay awake long enough to make the trip?

Many things to consider, but I'm gonna try.

What are your plans for Christmas? Better get cracking. It's close at hand.  I hope you'll include a gift of time to someone who needs it. The unhealthy, the lonely, and the sad find holidays unbearable.

By the way, I've got two Christmas books available. I think you'd like them. One of my favorites is Sarah and the Cowboy's Lady.



No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas