Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Happy July 4th!


Don't you love July 4?

I do. Not only is it our nation's birthday, but it's also mine! 

A few years ago, (well, actually, it was more than a few), the doctor told my mom she'd had a firecracker before Sunday School on that hot, clear, Sunday morning. And she did! 

ME!

I love Sundays. The day of worship. I've always been thankful God had me arrive on a Sunday, and He's been part of my life since birth. I welcomed Jesus to my soul and heart when I was about six years old and surrendered for special service when I was eight. I call that my second birthday.

As I write this blog, it is Sunday, July 1st. I received a wonderful surprise this morning. My book, Sarah and the Angelic Magical Makeover appeared on Sale. It quickly went into the top 100 for Fantasy on Amazon. 


Yippee!  Not only did Sarah appear, but she made the best seller's list. An early birthday present! For me, and I hope many of you in America and elsewhere will love her.


Speaking of America. Our nation is stressed now with many issues. It seems that a lot of people are angry and unhappy about this or that.

I've read our history and know that the founding fathers also had their share of arguments, harsh words, and debates. They compromised and put together a wonderful constitution for our country.

But we had to fight for independence first.

War is not pretty.

Freedom cost men their lives.


Let's remember to give thanks this holiday for our independence. We are an autonomous, independent nation. Free to speak our minds and hold our opinions. Men and women paid a heavy price to give us this privilege.

OK, I'm off my soapbox. Do you need a good read today? One to relax and laugh with while you cool off from the outdoor festivities?

I've got one for you!


She'll make you laugh out loud!

Happy Fourth







No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas