Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Sarah and the angelic Magical Makeover

She's Here!

Sarah is back in Texas again. This time to help a female with a makeover. 

How can a dyslexic, low-esteemed, inexperienced angel help Valerie, an insecure, overweight woman with a poor image of herself? To complicate matters, two men present themselves as possible mates for Valerie, but only one is the real deal. Can Sarah achieve a makeover while discovering the true love for Valerie?

Here are a few excerpts.


Valerie held up a sheaf of papers. “On this list of instructions, Travis suggests a mid-morning snack, so I’ve counted out twenty-five peanuts for you. That’s about one hundred calories. I usually eat a couple of fists full, but I promised to try this menu he gave us for a month.” Valerie handed Sarah a little snack baggie. “Are you allergic to nuts?”
Sarah frowned and scrunched her mouth to one side. “I don’t think so, but I’m learning new things about this body every day.”
Valerie performed an elaborate eye roll. “Aren’t we all?”
As the two ate breakfast, Sarah spoke more about going to the Sunday service with her. Part of her assignment was to introduce Valerie to a bachelor, and church was a good place to meet Christian men.
“Okay, okay. Enough already. I’ll go with you.” Valerie rinsed the cereal bowls. “If this music gig doesn’t work for you, try sales. You could sell snow to the residents in Siberia.”
Sarah cocked her head. “Oh, I don’t think so. They don’t need any. They already have plenty of the white stuff. My friend, Gale brings them snow from the four winds. Is there something else I could help them with?”
Valerie lifted her brows. “Selling snow is just an expression. Gale and his four winds.” She giggled. “At times, you make the strangest comments—Actually, you say weird things.” Valerie shook her head. “Oceana Waters, you are an enigma, worldly in many ways and naïve in others.”
“Yep, that’s me.”

Here's another.

As she sat at the gigantic pipe organ preparing to play, Sarah surveyed Daniels and Valerie in the congregation. They seemed to chat amiably as they waited for the service to start. She blew out a breath, relieved to see her charge comfortable in church.

Selecting the first prelude piece, Sarah placed hands on the manuals and feet on the pedals. Taking a quick gulp of air to calm herself, she pressed down to begin.
Blast! Roar! Earthquake! The massive musical instrument bellowed to life with an explosion of sound. The sudden, deafening hullabaloo coming from the hands of Sarah made the chandeliers shake and the stained-glass windows rattle. Dust mites danced in the sunlight as the musical notes reverberated through the sanctuary.
The audience recoiled at the detonating sound, and everyone gawked at Sarah. Most of them covered their ears as they stared at her.
Poopty doopty! So much for setting a tranquil tone for worship. A sudden racket like that could give a person a heart attack. What would the pastor say about this debacle? Merciful heavens! She’d just asked the Lord to bless her music, and here she sat, terrifying people out of their pews and searing their eardrums. Why did God allow such embarrassing mistakes anyway?

Here are a few quotes.

“I believe you’ll find my recommendations more than adequate. Each one on the list is endowed with a heavenly disposition. If you think I’m thought-provoking, just wait till you visit with them.” –Sarah

“I’d like a boyfriend—maybe a husband one day, but no one will have me. Most men want trim, beautiful women.” –Valerie

“I’ve never been able to overcome my feelings of inadequacy. I’m never good enough, no matter what I do.” –Valerie

“Wouldn’t it be wonderful if mortals could add or subtract weight like she could? Life as an angel was so much easier than being human.” –Sarah

“Young people have raging hormones and sex is normal.” –Daniel

“You’re accepted based on who you are, not what you look like, not the color of your skin, or the amount of money in the bank account.” --Sarah

Sarah wrinkled her nose. “Yeah, that’s a bummer. I’ve heard that too. It seems a lot of things are geared to men down here and not women. If I get a chance, I’ll ask why that is." --Sarah

Available in eBook or Print!

Amazon eBook





No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas