Friday, September 25, 2015

The Door

 
My Front Door
 
 
As I returned home from my morning walk,
I thought about my door.
 
The Lord God knocked on my heart's door long ago,
and I answered.


"Behold I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him and he with me." Revelation 3:20.

He didn't barge into my life but waited for my invitation. I was a child and ran to the door immediately to allow Him inside. Adults are sometimes more cautious. They look out peepholes, ask questions, and sometimes refuse to open.

I'm thrilled I did. He lets the good stuff enter my life such as joy, peace, love, patience, understanding. But other times, I allow the bad stuff to come in. Anger, unkindness, disgust, resentment. Oh my...the list can grow.

My life can become quickly cluttered with bad stuff. That's when I ask Him to help me clean house and throw the trash out the door.


I hope you will invite Him into your heart. He's a dynamic resident.


I have wonderful news. My publisher is featuring books on sale for this week only. Please go to this site and feast your eyes on the goodies. There are free gifts such as Amazon gift cards, jewelry, etc. The authors for Prism Book Group have donated items in time for Christmas.  But time is running out. Hurry!
 
 
Follow this link to see the beautiful items and books 

No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas