Wednesday, December 5, 2012


Paper Work

 What is the deal with clutter? Why do I find it difficult to file important records away?

Wait! I reorganized files recently.  And now I can’t find essential documents.  Perhaps I should have left them scattered on the desk top, piled on the floor, and stacked on the printer. At least then I knew where they were.

Gurus have written articles that tell me creative people are messy. That bit of news made me feel better about my chaos. After all, I’m a creative gal, but is that an excuse for clutter?  Probably not. Could be that I’m just plain down right lazy. Would I work better with a clean and organized surface? I know I tried it once. Wonder how long ago that was? Can't remember.

Now that Sarah: Laney’s Angel is finished, I’ve started a third book about Sarah, and she’s so much more fun that organizing papers on my desk.  However, if I don’t clean up soon, no one will be able to find Sarah and me behind these stacks at the computer.

How do all you busy people handle the stuff waiting for a home?  Jacqueline Hopper, has an article on her blog that gives 10 tips for keeping a desk clean and tidy.

Excuse me, now while I go back and study it.  Check it out. http://jacquelinedhopper.blogspot.com/

 

8 comments:

  1. Excuse me...I'm a little confused. Is the top of my desk supposed to be visible??? Oh, dear, have I ever got work to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you have the same problem. Makes me feel good to know I'm not alone.

      Delete
  2. Someone once told me a clean desk is the sign of a cluttered mind. I don't know if it's true, but it made me feel a lot better about the appearance of my office!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to hear others have a messy desk besides me.

      Delete
  3. Gay - I need to have my husband read your blog. He has papers everywhere. I offered to get him a stackable bin at Costco - just for his papers! If you haven't guessed it - I'm the neat nick here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! And you are a creative person and a notable author!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hum.... A tidy desk, what a concept! I wish. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and me Mary...maybe Victoria Pitts-Caine could give a seminar on how to stay organized. When the Lord handed out that gift, I must have been asleep.

    ReplyDelete

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas