Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Decorate for Fall



As September ends, I think hallelujah! The hot, Houston summer is ending. Of course, it won’t cool down here until November, but the idea of fall brings excitement.

I usually put up a fall tree, and then decorate it for Christmas. I can’t do that this year. I threw away the artificial tree last year and haven’t bought a new one. That’s on my to do list, but they are expensive.

 Two Years Ago, I had a lovely tree.

We have traveled to New England several times in the past, and the first visit stands in my memory as the best. We rented a car and drove around Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, and Massachusetts. 


As we journeyed through neighborhoods, the yard décor impressed me. People had pumpkins, mums, scarecrows, and they were creative with hay and wagons.






The scenery was inspirational. 

I wish more of us did that thing here in my area. We do a bit, but not at 

all like those New Englanders.

We go all out for Christmas, but that’s another subject.

Here's my mantle this year.


I decorated the entire kitchen, but here's part of it.

 


Happy Fall, Y'all


Be sure to read my latest book!







No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas