Wednesday, February 14, 2024

A Valentine Treat


Several years ago, I decided to make a red cake for my hubby for Valentine's Day. The cake was a disaster, and it literally fell apart. The thing collapsed from the pan in chunks.

Being the inventive person that I am, I created a parfait. I broke the cake into bite-sized pieces and layered them with whipped cream. I placed the entire mess into a fluted glass and garnished the top with Strawberries. 

I think the treat turned out better than a big cake. I dolled it up with a card and chocolates. Hubby loved it, and I didn't tell him how it came to be. So let's keep that our secret.

I made a cherry pie for our first Valentine's as a married couple. That didn't turn out well, either.  Hubby saw my tears and said, "Why didn't you buy a frozen one? That would have been fine with me."

He is a sweetheart and has managed to live through my cooking failures.

This year, I'm not baking.

However, I have a treat for everyone!


My new book is on sale today!  Yay! And the story is about Sarah, a dyslexic angel, who must find Tom a mate by Valentine's Day. Like my baking, she makes a mess.

I love the last few chapters. Tom takes Marcy, the lady of his dreams, to a fancy restaurant in Houston. The gifts he gives to his love are sweet and special.  Men should be as romantic as Tom in this book. I even cried while I wrote the chapter. I laughed a lot too. Sarah does that to you.

While it's on sale, grab a copy. Both eBook and print are on sale.


 

2 comments:

  1. Great book. I understand the cooking/baking challenges--That's the story of my life, too!

    ReplyDelete

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas