Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Children's Books

 

https://pixabay.com/images/search/reading%20to%20a%20child/


Have you shopped for any books for your kids lately? 

I stopped at the General Dollar store today. “It will be a quick shopping trip,” or so I thought to myself.

I found no children’s books anywhere in stock.  I asked the cashier about them. “No, we don’t carry them at this store.”

Odd, right?  They once did.  And it is Christmas, so why wouldn’t there be plenty around?

“Oh well,” I thought, “The CVS will have them. I’ll pick some up there.” Would you believe it? No books on shelves, either. The cashier had the same story.

Kroger’s Market was next on the list. Nope. Nada. Nothing.  Personnel said they don’t carry children’s books these days.

I knew Dr. Suess was disappearing from shelves, but what happened to other authors of children's books?

I suppose it’s easier for a store to cease carrying books rather than sift through which ones are culturally correct.

Folks, this is sad. Parents need to protest!

Nothing is sweeter than reading a book to a child.  They cuddle in your lap and look at pictures.

My grandson loved Clifford; it is long gone, and I wanted to buy another one.


Amazon

 

I found a Clifford, the Big Red Dog book on Amazon, and I ordered it. Yay!  Amazon still has them.  They even have Dr. Suess!  But buy quick. No telling when Amazon will terminate them.

Books should be available. Parents can decide which ones are appropriate. 

NY Times

No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas