Sunday, July 19, 2020

Money Talks





Did you ever give your kids incentive to reach a goal? I did several times. A daughter didn't care for studying. She was and is quite smart, but she didn't like homework. I said to her, "How about this? You make a "C" in math this semester and I'll give you $20.00.  At the end of the semester, I said, "How did you do?  She replied, "I've got great news. I just saved you $20.00."

Money motivates many, but I guess it didn't work for her.  She'd already saved enough from her extra jobs to buy a pair of jeans she wanted. 

Money talks for me.  It says, "goodbye." At least my hubby thinks so. 

Did you hear about the older guy who decided to put his wallet in his front pants pocket? He thought a thief would be less likely to steal it there. Unfortunately, as he aged, he often accidentally wore his pants backward.  

Matthew 6:19-2l says,  GNT Translation.

Do not store up riches for yourselves here on earth, where moths and rust destroy, and robbers break in and steal. Instead, store up riches for yourselves in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and robbers cannot break in and steal. For your heart will always be where your riches are.


No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas