Thursday, May 28, 2015

Gay's Days May 28, 2015

 
 
 
Rainy Days
 
 
I'm sure most of you have heard on the news about the rain and floods in the Houston area. For days now, our skies look like the pictures below. My neighborhood is fortunate, so far no water has crept into our homes, but the rivers are still rising. The Brazos courses at the back of our area. This river is expected to flood the lower lands a few miles from here. People living there are evacuating at this moment. Here's a link to it. http://www.khou.com/story/weather/2015/05/28/brazos-river-expected-to-rise-above-flood-stage-on-friday/28062503/
 
If you had a mere few hours to gather belongings, which ones would you take?
 
I'd grab the metal box with important papers and my Mom's picture.  Those items would be difficult to replace.
 
My sister-in-law lives across the street from the Colorado River in Bastrop, Texas. She loaded two vehicles with antique quilts she collects.
 
Texas has suffered drought for years, and now we are catching up, but many bodies of water have a long way to go. I heard about one lake that had been eighty feet down before the rain, and it is up twenty-eight feet over the previous point. It needs fifty-two more feet to reach normal levels.
 
Wichita Falls, Texas now floods. A few months ago, the citizens had to evacuate due to drought.
 
These are interesting times.
 

 
Our skies
 
 
Heavy rain




Yesterday morning, I walked to the end of my driveway with the intention of walking before the rain came. I got to the street and the sprinkles pelted me. I turned around.
 


This is how today started. I walked early and thanked the Lord for the sun. Four deer surprised me as they ran across the road. I think they were glad to see the sun too. I wish I'd captured their picture. We'll have rain this afternoon.

 
 
I've been writing and editing my Sarah stories. I have no desire to be on flooded streets.
 
Oh, and by the way, she said to tell you that she hasn't experienced any blunders this week, so she didn't cause the floods. She takes her daily shower by calling forth a rain cloud, but this week, her Father provided them.  She's kind of tired of being wet too.
 
One of the projects I've edited during these rainy days is a short story. I love the cover the publisher designed, don't you?  This is a free book, so when it comes out, I hope you'll go to Amazon and get it. Short stories are difficult to write. Although the story is concise, I wanted to develop it enough to enough to keep the reader interested.  Sarah Does it Again will be out soon. Stay tuned.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas