Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Texas Author Anne Greene










The thick and beautiful Bluebonnets are fading fast.  The yellow and red flowers hang on, but the beloved blues are about to vanish.  Before they completely leave us, I want to feature another author in my Texas Bluebonnet Author Series. 

Come meet Anne Green.


                                                   
ANNE GREENE writes about wounded heroes and gutsy heroines. Her second novel, a Scottish historical, Masquerade Marriage, won the New England Reader Choice award, the Laurel Wreath Award, and the Heart of Excellence Award. The sequel Marriage By Arrangement released November, 2013.  A Texas Christmas Mystery also won awards. She makes her home in McKinney, Texas. Tim LaHaye led her to the Lord when she was twenty-one and Chuck Swindoll is her Pastor. View Anne’s travel pictures and art work at http://www.AnneGreeneAuthor.com.

Anne’s highest hope is for her stories to transport the reader to a new world and touch hearts to seek a deeper spiritual relationship with the Lord Jesus.

Buy Anne’s books at http://www.PelicanBookGroup.com. Or at http://www.Amazon.com. Visit http://www.anneswritingupdates.blogspot.com for information on writing an award-winning novel. Talk with Anne on twitter at @TheAnneGreene. Visit Anne’s Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/AnneWGreeneAuthor.

And now for the interview!

                Texas is a large state.  Does your book (or books) take place in east, west, north, or south Texas?

Only one of my books takes place in Texas so far. I am currently writing a book that takes place on a ranch near my home in McKinney, TX which is east of Dallas. You can find information about my books on my website:  http://www.AnneGreeneAuthor.com.

        Were you born in Texas?

No, but I’ve lives in Texas for thirty years which makes me a Texan.

             Have you lived elsewhere?

     Yes, I’ve lived in Ohio, California, and Illinois.

      What is your favorite season in Texas?

Texas has beautiful fall weather. Fall last from early September and often extends through December. The weather is between 65 and 75 degrees.

           What would you change about Texas?

Not the people. The people who live in Texas are the most helpful, generous, kind and loving that I’ve met anywhere. I wish not so many people would move here. We have the best jobs, the best government, and the best people of anywhere I’ve ever lived.

        Do you enjoy sports or hobbies?

Yes. I love to read, of course. I love to travel and have been in thirty different countries and every state in the US including Alaska and Hawaii. I love to sail boats and participate in any type of sports, but I don’t have that much time. I don’t have time for hobbies although I love to play games and teach my children skills like sewing and swimming. I spend a good portion of my free time with my family. I sing in an excellent choir and do what I can for my neighbors.

 How did your characters come to mind for your book?

My character arise from the conflict in my books. What kind of person would walk a wing for a barnstormer? What kind of person runs a ranch? What kind of person becomes a female Coast Guard.

How do you plot your books?

 I’m not a plotter. I am what is called a seat-of-the-pants writer. My character develops as she tells me what’s going on in her life and what she needs. I gather my book ideas from places and occupations in life that I find interesting. Sometimes my ideas arrive full-blown from events that I feel people should know more about such as what occurred in Scottish history to empty the Highlands of the clans.

     How long does it take to write one?

Normally, including intensive research, my books take about nine months—just like having a baby.

What is the hardest part of writing?

 I love every aspect of writing from first draft to polishing the final chapters. I teach an online writing class at http://www.anneswritingupdates.blogspot.com.

     When did you start your writing career?

I’ve been writing seriously about ten years now.

     Has anyone ever come up to you and said, “Aren’t you that author that wrote….?”

Yes. I find that readers are interested in me as an author.  I do find it embarrassing to talk about myself face to face with a reader—just the introvert in me. But I love talking on my blog with readers.

    Do you dream about your work and can’t sleep?

Often I get good ideas from dreams.

   Out of the books you’ve written, which one is your favorite?

That’s like asking which one of my children is my favorite. Each book has its own favorite spot in my heart. I love them all.

If you could speak another language what would it be?

My husband speaks five languages, so when we travel we feel at home wherever we are. I don’t feel the need to speak another language. I find using language in writing fulfills all my needs.
   
   If you had all the time and money in the world, what would you be doing?

Exactly what I am doing. God has given me a calling and I love fulfilling that calling. You can find my books on Amazon.com or http://pelicanbookgrop.com  Just go to author and type in Anne Greene.
Marriage By Arrangement is my newest. A Texas Christmas Mystery is written with a Texas setting. Have fun and enjoy reading my books. It was great visiting with you here.

  
                                  18960662                      18902608


Thanks Anne!  Enjoyed it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas