Thursday, April 2, 2020

Gay's Days during the Corona Days.

Good morning from Fulshear, Texas. We began the day with a cool, but humid 60 degrees, and we'll climb up to 80 before the day is done. Overcast skies are promised along with the normal humidity.

At this time of year, Texans and out-of-state visitors enjoy exploring hillsides filled with our state flower, the Bluebonnet.


Bluebonnets in the Texas Hill Country.

There won't be as many travelers this year, but if you go to the fields of blue, take a picnic lunch and eat it in the car. You'll find few restaurants open in the small towns you go through, but if you run across one, you must order take out and consume it in another spot. Picnics can be fun. The main thing is to stay away from sneaky snakes crawling on the ground and the devious Corona Virus lurking in the air.

My gym fitness classes are canceled due to that ugly lady, Corona, and I'll miss yoga today. Those stretches bring relief to tension, and who doesn't have mountains of that these days?

I may try poses some at home, and I'll take a walk later. I've gained three pounds since the beginning of isolation. I've spoken to others who share the problem. Inactivity and added pounds. I saw my neighbor recently, and we yelled to each other as we stood about 18 feet apart. (The docs recommend 6 feet, but we're extra cautious) She said, "I'm gonna be a fat, alcoholic before this thing is over."  She was kidding about the alcohol part. At least, I hope she was.

A friend texted me today. She said, "I wish staying at home would flatten my belly the way it's supposed to flatten the Virus curve!  Don't we all wish that? At least we could give old Corona kudos for that. She's certainly not good for anything else. She's a killer, and I wish she'd return to that hot, dark, place. You know the one I mean--Satan lives there.

Okay, back to yoga.



My least favorite pose is the one pictured above. I think it's called the Down Dog. It makes me nauseous to turn my tummy upside down. I won't be doing this one if I do them today.



Here's my favorite pose, and I love this one. It's real easy to do. I'll hold this pose a long time.

You know I'm kidding about the last yoga pose, right?

What do you dislike most about the isolation/quarantine? Here's a few on my list.

1. No Fitness classes.
2. My hubby at home and telling me how to keep house.
3. No Church.
4. Not being able to see our daughter who lives in assisted living.
5. Cooking and planning meals.

What do I like?

1. Reading books.
2. Reading books.
3. Reading books
4. Reading books.
5. Reading books.

I'm going to spend the day checking on friends. We are all suffering in some way or other. People are dying, and situations are mind blowing.

We're facing disease while other stuff goes on too. Stuff like divorce, financial difficulty, loss of jobs, to name a few. Our Bible Study lesson last week was from Romans 5. 

Romans 5:7-8  "Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates  His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."  NIV.

Right now, many of our medical personnel are dying as they try to save us from the ungodly Corona Virus. They are exposing themselves to death, and many are succumbing to the disease. 

Yet, in spite of the risk, they are doing their best to save us from the deadly virus. I hope they are successful, and I hope they live to talk about it. They might be dying to rescue a few, but here's the thing. Jesus died for all of us. 

Did we deserve it? NO! We don't deserve His great love, but He freely gives it. I'm hoping more and more people will come to know Him. In times like these, we need Him.

God bless you. Check in with me tomorrow. I'll give you a weather report and an update from Texas.

In the meantime, read some good books. I have a few on Amazon.




No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas