Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Cooking Is Not A Good Idea



I set the smoke alarm off again.  No, thank goodness, I didn't cause a fire, just smoke.

Cooking is not my natural talent.

Hubby eats a lot of burnt offerings.  So much for the steak. It was too burnt to eat.



When the smoke cleared, I opened up a can of greens, added bacon, and baked cornbread from a mix.

It was quite good and tasty. My Alabama mom used to cook greens from scratch. Canned greens work for me.

I have a new book coming out on Friday. It's not a cookbook. I know, you're surprised, right? You thought I'd bring you tried and true recipes from my kitchen.

Look for Family Secrets on Amazon tomorrow. Rebecca, the heroine, knows how to cook. Alabama style. She learned nothing from me.




2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried any of Gay's recipes, but I did read "Family Secrets" and highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Carlene! I think my writing is better than my cooking!

    ReplyDelete

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas