Thursday, October 25, 2018

Sarah Helps Santa!


LOOK!

MY NEW BOOK

SARAH HELPS SANTA

IS HERE!






I had so much fun writing this book. I finished it last July while the temperature hovered at 100 degrees down here in Houston. I longed for winter, a great time to enjoy a fireplace, and a cup of hot chocolate. 

Cooler weather arrived. In South Texas, it is seldom cold, but cool is nice.

Curl up and read with me. Sarah is at her comedic excellence as she helps Nick Claus. Or maybe I should say, "hinders" Nick Claus.

 Nick doesn't like frigid temps. Sitting by a fireplace with a good book is one thing, but working out in it is another.  He wants to move the North Pole operation to a beach!  He wishes to experience warm sand beneath his toes.

Sarah takes him from coast to coast and end up in our Great State of Texas.

Will Texas be the new North Pole? 

This book is fun for all ages. Kids will love the reindeer and elves.

This book is available in eBook or print.


Here's a sample.


Nick Claus strode into his dad’s study carrying two mugs of hot chocolate and a carafe of the sweet drink. “Glad you’re back, Dad.”
“Thanks, son. I made good time this year, and everything went off without a hitch. No bad weather anywhere in the world tonight.”
“I know, I watched you make your rounds.” Nick sigh was loud enough to be heard all over the large house.
“What’s wrong Nick? That sigh I heard sounded like it came from your toes. Got something on your mind? Want to tell me about it?”
“Might as well. I’ve been dreading it, but the clock is ticking. I guess this is as good a time as any to share my thoughts.”
“True, in two years, you’ll take over the business, and your mom and I’ll retire. It’ll be a bittersweet time for me, for your mom, too. I’m sad to leave one life behind but eager to start a new adventure, and your mom feels the same way. We Santas spend the first one-hundred years working and the next hundred years watching our sons work. We’re drawing plans now for a log cabin over on the north ridge. Your mom is getting more excited every day.” Santa gave his famous ho ho ho laugh. “She started out with a small design, but it’s growing. She drew a house with two bedrooms, and now she’s added a third one. She plans to keep grandkids when you produce some for her. We love children—spent our lives with them, but nothing is better than grands, or so I’ve been told. I’ve never seen your mom in such a dither.”
“That’s just it, Dad. I can’t think about children. Holy Mackerel. I’m supposed to have a wife, one is required for this job, and I don’t even have a girlfriend.”
Santa picked up the snow globe and shook it. “This is a mighty fine gadget. We can’t see the future, but we can see what’s happening in the present. I know whose being naughty and nice.” Santa’s well-known ho ho ho laugh burst forth again. “Looks like all the kiddies are nice right now. Look at them down there. Happy with their new toys and tech contraptions. So, you’ve seen prospects for a wife on this gadget, have you?”
Nick took the globe from Santa and honed it to a beach near Malibu. “The ladies in southern California are real beauties. They’ve got blond hair, voluptuous figures and they’re really smart. I’ve watched them enjoy fun activities and wished I could join them. Their laughter alone would make a guy happy. I’d like one of those California lovelies for a wife, but it’s impossible. We’re too different.”
“How’s that, son?”
“They wear bikinis. They can’t dress like that in our place. They’d freeze faster than a popsicle.”
“That’s true. We gotta wear clothes up here.”
***
Santa held up three fingers. “Here’s the last requirement. Even if you relocate, the Santa family needs lineage to carry on. If you don’t find a wife, you can’t produce an offspring; therefore, you must adopt a son to carry on the Santa tradition. We Santas marry and produce sons to carry on the world-wide business. That’s one ritual you can’t break. You can’t expect retired santas to forever do your job. You’ll need to adopt a son, live as a single dad, and groom your son to take over one day. Can you agree to these terms?”
“Find a suitable locale so I can move our entire operation. At the same time obtain a wife. If I don’t find one, I must adopt a boy baby?
“That’s the deal.”
“All within a year?”
Santa nodded.
Nick shook his head. “Dad, you’re driving a hard bargain.”
“True, but you’re the one whose procrastinated and now is asking to relocate the family business. That’s never been done before.”
With a sharp inhale, Nick extended his hand and his dad shook it.
 “Nick, son, you’re lonely. Cold and lonely. A wife warms a bed. If I were you, I’d find one. Cuddling on long, frozen nights is delightful.”
“I can only imagine. I’ll go as soon as possible. Maybe start in California. If I fail there, I’ll try another state. Florida or Texas are in my mind too. I check the daily weather reports. Southern states experience nice climates. I’ll keep you posted, but keep your fingers crossed for me.”
“Son, I don’t cross fingers, but I’ll say a prayer. You’re gonna need a lot of help considering the conditions you just agreed to.”
Nick hooked a finger in his belt loops. “You got that right. I hope there’s a guardian angel up there who’ll take me under her wings.”
Sarah beamed down at Nick and stretched her wings. “I’m not a guardian, but I’m experienced in finding mates for earthlings. I’ll help you.”

Let me know what you think! Writers love reviews and I hope you'll leave one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas