Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Deer: Other Side









Do you sometimes feel like the lonely deer in this picture?

He's wishing he could be with the herd. 

What happened? Did they push him out? Ignore him? Bully him?  He got lost? Not a single deer on the other side seems to want him with them. They are too busy to notice this guy who needs help.

Many people feel like this deer. Left out. Lonely. Ignored. Wishing. 

How often have we been in the middle of the herd and overlooked a need? A longing?

When I was a wee child,  I often felt left out by the "smarter, prettier girls, the in-crowd." 

Then a magazine came my way. Yes, I've always been a big reader...even as a little kid. This article said anyone could say "hello." I decided right then and there that if I couldn't be anything else, I would be friendly. No one had to feel left out if I was around.

Look up friends. Don't keep your head down. It's time to help someone you know.

You never know when a simple hello will be the best word that person hears.








No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas