Friday, October 6, 2017

Walking and Talking


Are you familiar with that old hymn, "In the Garden?" I'm singing as I write. Don't you wish you could hear me? Probably not. Not the way I sing. The chorus goes like this.

And He walks with me and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own,
And the joy we share, as we tarry there,
None other, has ever known.

Several years ago, I was leading a service featuring hymn singing. We sang as a congregation and also had solos and ensembles to sing specials. My five year old grandson sat on the front row. One of our dear, sweet, older ladies approached from the middle of the sanctuary. As she walked down the aisle to the front, she announced, "I'm gonna sing 'In the Garden.'"

My grandson looked at her and then said to me, "Why does she have to go to the garden? Can't she just sing in here like everyone else?"

Children that age take everything literally. So does my angel, Sarah. Such comments bring us a smile. Sometimes, they bring a belly laugh.

Today, I'm on InnerSource, and I've written a devotional about the Biblical Ruth. The title of the article is Walking and Talking.  I hope you'll read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas