Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Sheep







Have you ever been a sheep herder?

I haven't.

Never been around the sweet, innocent animals at all.

Since King David started out as a shepherd, and Jesus refers to Himself as the Good Shepherd, I decided to learn about these little creatures.

Wikipedia says they have good hearing! They're sensitive to sound. Remember how Jesus compared his followers to sheep? 

And would you believe sheep don't have super big ears either?

Jesus said his sheep hear his voice and respond. John 10:27. I think some of us, the people sheep, need a hearing aid. I know I do from time to time. I fail to listen to what Jesus says. Since I didn't hear Him, I don't respond in an appropriate fashion. I don't even say "'eh, pardon? What did you say." You have to hear a word to ask for a person to repeat.

You do that too?

Not sheep. They have great hearing and respond to the Shepherd's voice.

Sheep have excellent peripheral vision too. Now get this. They can see behind themselves without turning their heads.

Wow! No way can any human do that. Maybe if we could, we see Satan behind us...pushing us to go where Jesus wouldn't like.

I wear contacts. They bless me with better vision, but I can still fall down. Miss a step, and boom. I'm flat on my you know what.

Hearing and seeing like sheep. A challenge. Right?

References:  sheep

No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas