Friday, June 30, 2017

Sun, Love It?


Some people love the sun. I have a couple of relatives who crave it. These people lay in the sun for hours. They want a tan. Ugh. Skin cancer is a looming problem for them, but they love the heat and don't mind the risk.

A little sun goes a long way with me. Say thirty seconds, and then I'm ready for the cool indoors.


Even though I love a football game, my hat isn't enough to keep me comfortable. I'm miserable in Texas heat.

Photo courtesy Pixabay

You'll never find me lying on a beach.

Now to an analogy.

Hubby and I face heated challenges these days. No, it's not the weather, it's life.

This week, ten years ago, Craig Biggio set a record at bats with three thousand hits. Wow! Has it been ten years? I remember those days well. They were happy, carefree days for hubby and me.

But the sun is hotter for us these days, and it's not climate change. God has a way of presenting problems that cause heat and turmoil.

If you're in a period that gives you freedom with no challenges, enjoy the time. As Scripture predicts, the sun shines on all and the rain falls on all. So at some time in life, you'll face a situation you don't want.

I thanked God this morning for the ones He's allowed. Nooooo! Truthfully, I want them gone, but I also know they are here for a purpose. I fight anger and frustration over them, and I'm clueless as to the reason these unwanted opportunities visit us, but I thank him. He also knows my heart. He understands I don't care for heat and sun. He sees my difficulties.

I'm hoping I can make it through this fiery test without getting burned. Shadrack, Meshack, and Abendego were in a furnace and they survived. You'll find them in the book of Daniel, chapter three.

How about you? Are you in a place you don't want to be today?

Remember, God can go with us through the rain or sun. He created both.


No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas