Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Valentine's Day. Happy or Sad?


Valentine's Day is my least favorite holiday. I love romance. I write love stories, but as a kid I never liked Valentine's Day.

I loved creating the box when I was in elementary school, but if I didn't get many cards, I was sad. These days, the kids give to all the classmates and that's a good idea.

My mother always sent cards. She went to heaven in January of 1992. While cleaning her bedroom, I found the Valentine cards she planned to send to me and my hubby. They weren't signed yet, but I kept them. They are on the reverse of this framed Valentine note from her mother.





I have this framed note in my bookcase. I remove it on February 14 to read the notes my mom sent back in the day. Sweet memories. Happy ones, but maybe a little sad too.

What kind of Valentine memories are you making?



No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas