Saturday, December 3, 2016

A Wonderful Family Day


Our daughter earned her master's degree from Wayland Baptist University.

Master of Arts in History




December 2, 2016

As you can see from the picture, we are blessed with three daughters. The daughter that we celebrated this week had all sorts of problems in elementary, middle, and high school. We were thrilled when she earned a BA, but even more enthralled this time around. She earned her master's with honors!

Like me, she is slightly dyslexic. I get directions up and sometimes reverse words. Sarah, the angel in my novels has my abilities...or is it my lack of abilities? 

In our daughter's case, the eye didn't detect lines and spaces. Here's an example. She has great music ability and I gave her piano lessons. While in the kitchen, I'd hear her practice and think, "she's got that down." I'd walk over to give a word of praise and then realize she was staring at the page and playing by ear. The music was in the key of G but she played in F.  Teachers would often give quizzes with two columns and the kids were to draw a line between the columns to connect answers. She knew the correct answers, but her eye couldn't do this.

Her mind and eye played tricks on her, but she leaned to compensate.  

Here's an encouragement to anyone with a hard road ahead.

Don't ever quit!

If you have a challenge, you can overcome it.  In spite of setbacks, she has a master's degree and I write best selling books.

With God, all things are possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas