Thursday, May 14, 2015

Gay's Days in the rain.


I received this interesting email from a friend of mine who lives in North Texas. I thought the first paragraph was humorous and worth sharing.

“I realize that we have received more than our share of rain lately but we have been looking at the lake bottoms for a long time and it is good to know that they are becoming full for a change.  California would trade some of their fruits and nuts (oranges and almonds) for some of it. In the 1930's, folks were moving from Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas to California because their fertile ground had become the "Dust Bowl." California is so barren these days, the ancestors of those folks are thinking of moving back.”

Isn’t that an amusing assessment of how people tackle climate diversity?

North Texas as well as Oklahoma is suffering from multiple tornados this spring. I hate that for them. Ruin and desolation face many.

My friends in Austin and San Antonio are happy to receive rain. Those areas are dry and have huge cracks in the ground. Water is often rationed during summer. I hope the downpours improve those conditions.
I see friends on Facebook who live in Colorado as they shovel snow. Amazing.

Here in the Houston area, some of us are experiencing flooding conditions. Boats full of people  float down streets as they evacuate. Perhaps the travelers think of Noah as they leave homes behind.

Wouldn’t it be perfect if all areas of the earth would equal out with their needs? Everyone would have enough to eat, drink, and all essentials taken care of and no unhappiness existed?

Oh wait! When that happens, time on this planet ends and eternity begins. Until then, we cope with the challenges of daily life.

And to me, even during difficult days, time spent down here is worth it.

I've consumed my morning hours by working on my latest Sarah book. Here's a rough draft from today's writing.
 
From Sarah and a Party for Mackenzie

“I’d go to church if I didn’t have events scheduled, but I usually have one on weekends. Worship might be a good alternative for my loneliness.” He shrugged, glanced away and a slight blush appeared to his cheeks. “I’ve even considered one of those Internet dating sites. Not that I want to remarry, but a female companion would be nice. Ever try one of those sites?”

Sarah blinked rapidly. “Not for myself, but I tried to help a friend on one once. I’m not tech savvy and my assistance was more of a blunder.”

Robert’s chuckle sounded as though he’d seen a two year old child do a cute trick. “What happened?”

“I got emails mixed up and sent wrong messages to each of the possible suitors.”

Robert threw back his shoulders and roared. “That must have been a hoot.”

Okay my rambling is done. I was thinking of you all today and stopped my Sarah story to say hello. My wish for you today is that all of stay safe, dry, and happy.  Until later, have a good one!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas