Saturday, January 3, 2015

Gay's Days. The Sisterhood




 The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award!

 
I would like to thank Vicki Cain for inviting me to join the Sisterhood of The World Bloggers. It looks like a fun gig. Check out Vicki's answers after you read mine.


 First, before I get started, here are the rules she sent…

The Rules:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Put the award logo on your blog.
3. Answer the 10 questions they’ve sent you.
4. Make up 10 new questions for your nominees to answer.

 
Here are Vicki’s ten questions for the nominees-along with my answers.

1. What’s your happiest holiday memory?

         Thanksgiving at mom’s and dad’s house. When I was a child, everyone came to our home. Mom’s meals rivaled any renowned chef of the day, and the visit with family is a treasured remembrance.  Too many are now in heaven.

 2. Who was your favorite grade school teacher?

       Hmmm. That’s a difficult question. Many made an impression on me. Teachers often don’t receive the recognition they deserve. My fourth grade teacher, Mrs. Easter, went above board to help me learn long division.

 
3. If life had taken you down a different path, what would you be doing now?

        I’d still be in church serving in some capacity. I’d want to be married to the same man, but I could see us in the building and developing business. Perhaps something along the lines of buying land, building spec homes to use as models and developing subdivisions.

 
4. What place in the world would you like to visit?


        England and Ireland. My father’s side came from England, and as near as I can determine, my mom’s ancestors are Irish.

 
5. What’s your favorite dessert?

         That’s easy. Lemon Ice Box Pie. We have it twice a year. Thanksgiving and Christmas.

 
6. If you were told you only had one day to live, how would you spend it?

         If I had one day left to my life, I wouldn’t want to know it. My aspiration is to live each day in a way that doesn’t disappoint the Lord.

 
7. Which do you like to do best: a movie rental and a bowl of popcorn, a good book and a cup of hot chocolate, or a day at the beach ending with watching the sunset?

       Each of these adventures sounds romantic. I don’t eat popcorn, so I’d choose a good book and hot chocolate, and then late in the day, go to the beach to see the sunset.

 
8. What’s your favorite electronic gadget?

         Oh good grief! I have none. I use them, but most of the time they frustrate me…I’m so tech savvy…just kidding. We bought a smart TV and can’t use the features! Tech gadgets frustrate me, but the cellphone is now a necessity.

 9. How will you (or how did you) spend New Year’s Eve?

         Hubby and I went to dinner at an exclusive restaurant with a daughter and special friend. Great conversation and food. We came home, turned on the fireplace and watched a Hallmark movie.
 
 

 10. Pets – cats, dogs, fish? What do you have?

         None. I have a granddog who comes to visit, and I enjoy Mindy.  She goes home after the visit, and I like that too.
 
 

 Thanks for reading. Have a wonderful 2015!!

 I nominate Delia Latham and Carla Rossi to answer the same questions I answered.
 
Have you read my books? I'd love to have you meet Sarah.

Sarah: A Mission of Love.   2.99
Sarah: Laney's Angel            3.99
Sarah and the Widow's Mate  .99
Sarah and the Internet Dating Service  .99
Sarah and the Scary Ferris Wheel  .99
Sarah and a Dad for Mandy  .99
Sarah and Three Times a Charm  2.99
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas