Thursday, October 2, 2014

Gay's Days, October 2, 2014

Hello my unseen friends,

The day will be another hot one, and it's October, but hope for tomorrow is on the way. A cold front arrives and will drop our high temp back down to the 80's.

I suppose some people who live in Houston like the heat and humidity, but I don't. If I'd ever lived in snow and ice, I might appreciate our weather more. Texas friends of mine once lived close to the Canadian border. They woke up one morning to find snow had covered the windows...no chance to see and no way to open the front or back entrances. Jim said to Pearl, "Honey, when we can get out the door, are you ready to go back to Texas?"  And of course they did.

The windows and door in my house look as though we are in the midst of a downpour of rain, but the sun shines. The temp has started out at 80 degree Fahrenheit at six AM, and we are at 96% humidity. Here's picture of my front door.

 
And here's a picture of the kitchen door that opens to the covered screened sunroom.
 

See? We look as though sheets of rain pour, but it's just the water in the air.  Makes for a sticky day.

But....I can open the door and walk out, even if I don't want to. Have any of you been snowed in to the point you had to dig out?  Did you feel claustrophobic? That's an experience I wouldn't welcome.

My arm is a bit sore. Got my flu shot yesterday. Have you had yours? All these new diseases we are combating now are rather scary.  Ebola. Some paralyzing various that attacks kids. Such things remind us to pray.

I'm cooking dinner tonight for friends. I found a new recipe for "White Chili." I know you aren't supposed to try new stuff on guests, but this is a low carb dish and I have the ingredients on hand. Two people who are coming have diabetes and I try to accommodate them. I'll let you know how it turns out. The dish sounds simple, and since my cooking skills are limited, I like easy dishes.

I checked Amazon this morning to see how Sarah was doing. I'm thrilled to say that Sarah and a Dad for Mandy is once again on the best seller's list, and it's not even out yet!  Thank you everyone!  I'm happy you like Sarah.  She's a loveable angel with a good heart who makes many bungles.



        Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #63,370 Paid in Kindle Store
*   #47 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Christian > Fantasy


Amazon changes these numbers every hour, but at this moment, these are the ones they show for my book to be released on October 15.  This novella only takes about 2 hours to read, it's funny and heartwarming, even if I do say so myself. I hope you will read it and leave a review.  Reviews are important to an author. I wish people weren't afraid to leave them.

Smile! It makes people wonder what your secrets are!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

PBG Insider: Gay N. Lewis Introduces her "Sarah" series

Sarah at Christmas